Guided Group Tours
Explore Museum on Main or historic downtown Pleasanton by taking a guided tour. Museum on Main offers a variety of tours suited to various areas of interest and knowledge. Guided public tours are available by advance reservation. A minimum of 5 people (or $50) is required to schedule a tour. Upon request, all of the tours listed below can be modified to the needs of your group. Tour durations vary and last between 1 to 2 hours. Please dress accordingly for walking tours. We will make every effort to reschedule your tour in case of inclement weather.
* Note: For groups with mobility concerns we recommend using your bus for tours around town. A Museum guide will join you on your bus to lead the tour. Or see "Museum on Wheels" presentations on this page.
Adults - $10
Children (12 and under)- $5
Students and teachers w/ID– $5
To schedule a Guided Group Tour, please complete the form below, email email@example.com, or phone the museum at 925-462-2766.
Guided Tour Topics
Downtown Walking Tour: Take in the sights of
picturesque Main Street, Pleasanton. We’ll stop and talk about the significance of the buildings around town, the people who built them, and the unique historical stories surrounding them. The tour includes stops at historically relevant sites such as Gay 90’s Pizza, The Railroad Station, The Pleasanton Hotel, Kottinger’s Barn, and the Pleasanton gateway. (1 1/2- 2 hours)
Museum Gallery Tour: A close up look at the objects and the history of the Amador-Livermore Valley and the unique building which houses the Museum On Main. The Local History Gallery is the ideal spot to get an overview of local history by exploring the region from pre-historic times to the present day. We’ll talk about native populations, Spanish Missionaries, Mexican settlers, and early settlers, all who called the region home. (1 hour)
Haunted Pleasanton: Meet the ghosts of Pleasanton's past... Discover the chilling side of Pleasanton as you visit the most haunted places in town. (2 hours)
Note: This tour costs $25 per person with a minimum of 10 people or ($250). Children, students, and teachers cost $15.
Museum Behind the Scenes: Go behind the scenes to learn about the jobs of the Museum On Main staff. What is the role of a curator? What is an archivist? What do we keep in our collections room? And how does the museum produce exhibitions and educational programs? You’ll come away with a better understanding of the work and dedication involved in preserving and disseminating the history and culture of our community. Note: Due to space limitations in the facility, this tour is limited to 5-10 people. (1 hour)
Museum on Wheels
Open your door to history! Museum on Wheels is an opportunity for your group to learn more about the varied and diverse history of the area. Invite the Museum to visit you for an interactive educational program led by a museum representative. Museum on Wheels presentations often include projection of historic photographs from the region. The museum can bring a projector to your site if you do not have one.
Program Fee: $75 per program
Museum on Wheels Presentation Topics:
• Roots of Pleasanton: A review of the history of Pleasanton, from Native American presence through modern day.
• Alcohol in Pleasanton- A long and storied past: Ride through history in this entertaining look at role and impact bars and alcohol had in Pleasanton through the years.
• Remember When… Pleasanton in the 30s, 40s, 50, and 60s: A look at Pleasanton as a reflection of the nation from the 30s through the 60s.
• History of the Alameda County Fair : A review of the history of the Alameda County Fair and its role in generations of summertime fun!
• Pleasanton’s Pioneer Cemetery: A look at the many historic families represented at Pioneer Cemetery.
To schedule a Museum on Wheels Presentation at your site, please complete the form below, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone the museum at 925-462-2766.